Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wright - Dailey family

I decided to do some fishing this evening to fill in some blanks in my WRIGHT family.  Working with my maternal great-granduncle, Chester Arthur "Mike" WRIGHT and his family, I noticed that I didn't have much on his first wife, Erma Violet HAYES, after her divorce from him and her subsequent marriage to Marvin DAILEY.

Checking out Ancestry.com, I found the DAILEY family living in Campbell County, Kentucky in the 1930 census.  They were enumerated on April 21, 1930.



Marvin's occupation was listed as a steelworker in a rolling mill.  He and Erma's children were listed under the WRIGHT surname, after stepdaughter V. June WRIGHT.


Marvin rented his home, didn't own a radio, and was 37 years old.  Erma, his wife, was 27 years old.  Children listed (under the Wright surname) are : V. June, age 9, Merrill, age 6, Warren, aged 4, and Eugene aged 2.  This is a census enumerator error, as only V[ivian] June should have the WRIGHT surname, the others were children of Erma and Marvin DAILEY.


I do not have the divorce record for Erma and Chester Arthur WRIGHT, but it must have taken place sometime before 1924, probably in Madison County, Indiana.  They were married there on March 5, 1920.

No comments: