Sunday, July 02, 2006

Today in my database : Ida Davis (b. July 2, 1874)

Today's featured relative in my database is my maternal 2nd great-grandmother, Ida Davis.

Ida was born July 2, 1874 in Owen Co., IN, the daughter of James Austin & Mary Ellen (Swafford) Davis. Ida married August 28, 1892 in Monroe Co., Indiana to Samuel G. Hancock, son of Joseph & Margaret (Vaughn) Hancock. They later divorced, but I have yet to find the exact record. Ida married July 19, 1900 in Monroe Co., Indiana to Carrie A. Morris. Ida died August 2, 1900 in Clay Twp., Owen County, Indiana.

Ida had two daughters out-of-wedlock, Pansy and June. June was my great-grandmother. The search for June's father has been unsuccesful as of yet. Pansy was born December 11, 1894 (where?) and June was born June 11, 1898 in Indianapolis.

I believe I have located Ida in the 1900 census in the 7th Ward, Center Twp., Indianapolis.

No comments: