Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Judson Jarrett

Found some possible new ancestry information for my daughter's Jarrett line last night online.

1880 Census of Jefferson Twp., Fayette Co., IA shows Katie Jarrett, age 14, living in the household of Judson Jarrett, age 72, born Virginia. The names of the other children line up perfectly with what I had on Kate Jarrett who married Henry Miguet in Buchanan Co., IA.

Later I found information on Judson Jarrett family in the 1856 state census of Iowa in Fayette Co., IA, and in 1850 census in Koscuisko Co., IN. The Iowa WPA cemetery database has Judson buried June 13, 1881 in Fayette Co., IA.

Still working on the putting the details together to try and tie this line into what I already have.

Kate Jarrett and Henry Miguet were married December 23, 1883 in Buchanan Co., IA. Their son, Frank Field Miguet, was my daughter's 2nd-great grandfather.

No comments: