My parternal great-great grandparents, William P. and Olive Jane (Smith) Wehrly, are buried in the Salamonia Cemetery, Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana.
William was born November 2, 1845 in Preble County, Ohio, the son of Johannes ("John S.") and Barbara (Petry) Wehrly.
Olive was born June 23, 1846 in Cass County, Michigan, the daughter of William P. and Prudence (Maxson) Smith.
William and Olive were married August 4, 1866 in Jay County, Indiana. They lived out their lives in the Salamonia area. William was a mortician, a sawmiller and a farmer. During the Civil War, he served in Company I, 130th Indiana Volunteer Infantry.
William died on June 16, 1909 in Salamonia, Jay County, Indiana and Olive followed on January 6, 1913 in Portland, Jay County, Indiana.
William and Olive were the parents of thirteen children, all born in Jay County, Indiana:
- Minerva Prudence Wehrly (1867-1948) married Lawrence Delbert Jackson, 9 children
- Barbara Isabel Wehrly (1869-1930) married Luman Cooper LeMasters, 13 children
- John William Wehrly (1870-1954) married Esther L. White, 2 children
- Orilla Catherine Andrews (1872-1970) married Arthur B. Andrews
- Benjamin Franklin Wehrly (1873-1875)
- Henry Leonard Wehrly (1875-1924) married Mamie M. Salisbury
- Harvey Allen Wehrly (1876-1968) married Nettie Shreeve
- Alva Monroe Wehrly (1878-1952) married Emma C. Yaeger, 1 child
- LeRoy Garfield Wehrly (1880-1883)
- Ida Laura Wehrly (1883-1963) married Edward Scholer
- Blaine Pearle Wehrly (1884-) married Ermina Gladys Ashcraft, 1 child
- Ethel May Wehrly (1886-1951) married William Shreeve
- Martin Nimrod Wehrly (1888-1954) married Cora Burley