The following facts about June's life are known:
- Birth: June was born June 11, 1898 in Indianapolis, Marion County, Indiana. Her birth certificate lists her parents as Atkinson & Ida Davis.
- Census: 1910 - she is listed in the household of Robert F. GILLILAND of Richland Township, Monroe County, Indiana.
- Marriage: She married Clemon Beals LAMBERTSON on June 11, 1898 in Monroe County, Indiana.
- Census: 1920 - she is listed in the household of Clemon LAMBERTSON in the 2nd ward, City of Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.
- Census: 1930 - she is listed in the household of Clemon LAMBERTSON in the 2nd ward, City of Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.
- Death: June died March 20, 1951 of acute myocardial infarction at Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.
- Obituary: Her obituary appeared in the March 21, 1951 Alexandria Times-Tribune and the March 22, 1951 Elwood Call-Leader.
- Census: 1900 - I still have been unable to locate June in the 1900 census. Her sister, Pansy, was living with stepgrandfather, Robert GILLILAND in Clay Township, Owen County, Indiana. Either June was missed, or she is somewhere else. I believe I have her mother, Ida, located in 1900 in Indianapolis at a women's shelter.
- Death: Need to obtain an official copy of her death certificate from the Madison County Health Department.
The parentage of June remains unknown. Though her birth certificate lists the name Atkinson & Ida Davis, I have found no records of Atkinson Davis. I believe this was a fabrication. The mystery man, Frank Fletcher, and how he ties into the family remains the subject of more research.
Related blog posts: