My paternal 3rd-great grandparents, George J. and Rachel H. (GARY) HALEY, are buried in the Scotts Cemetery, Huron, Erie County, Ohio. FindAGrave volunteer Karen Breslin took this photograph for me.
George J. was born December 14, 1814 in Caton Basel, Switzerland. He emigrated with his parents to the United States when a young boy and the family settled in Fairfield County, Ohio.
Rachel H. was born March 25, 1816 in Fairfield County, Ohio of unknown parents. Her father was supposedly of Irish heritage.
George and Rachel were married on January 1, 1835 in Hardin County, Ohio. George was a minister of the Evangelical Association, and the family lived variously in Fairfield, Marion, Morrow and Erie Cos., Ohio.
George died on February 27, 1888 in Huron Township, Erie County, Ohio. Rachel followed him on November 25, 1897 in Erie County, Ohio.
Children of Rev. George J. and Rachel H. (Gary) Haley are:
- Barbara Helen HALEY (1835-1908); married Christian EASTERDAY
- William W. HALEY (1838-aft1910); married Jane E. OWEN; 5 children
- George Washington HALEY (1840-1892); married Mary Jane SHERRICK; 7 children
- Susanna HALEY (c1843- ); married Alfred HALDERMAN; 2 children
- Sarah C. HALEY (1845-1926); married August GEGENHEIMER; 10 children
- Mary Elizabeth HALEY (c1849- )
- Hannah A. HALEY (c1853- )
- John Jacob HALEY (1855-1927); married Barbara E. ________; 6 children
- Benjamin H. HALEY (1858-1939); married Louisa HUTTENBOCKER; 5 children
- Franklin Andrew HALEY (1861-1942); married Anna KUHL; 4 children