Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Family Milestones: December 29th

My paternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Rebecca West CHEW, married on this date in 1831 to Charles LOCK.  Rebecca was the daughter of Nathaniel and Mary (WEST) CHEW, and the older sister of my Ezekiel Cooper CHEW.  Rebecca was born April 17, 1814.  Rebecca died April 10, 1893.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 4th-great granduncle, Elisha Dunham CHEW, married on this date in 1808 in Gloucester County, New Jersey to Elizabeth HERITAGE, daughter of Richard and Anna (STILES) HERITAGE.  Elisha was the son of Nathaniel and Sarah (SPRINGER) CHEW, and the older brother of my Nathaniel CHEW.  Elisha was born October 25, 1785 in Gloucester County, New Jersey.  Elizabeth was born November 15, 1784 in Gloucester County, New Jersey.  They had 6 children.  Elisha was a farmer in Oskaloosa, Mahaska County, Iowa.  Elizabeth died October 2, 1864 in Oskaloosa, Mahaska County, Iowa.  Elisha died March 18, 1876 in Oskaloosa, Mahaska County, Iowa.

My paternal 3rd-great grandparents, Dr. Ezekiel Cooper CHEW and Caroline Bishop WOOLSTON, married on this date in 1842 in New Jersey, probably Gloucester County.  Ezekiel was the son of Nathaniel and Mary (WEST) CHEW.  Caroline was the daughter of Abel B. and Rachel (WOOLSTON) WOOLSTON.  Ezekiel was born January 17, 1822 in Gloucester County, New Jersey.  Caroline was born February 6, 1826 in Vincentown, Burlington County, New Jersey.  They had 14 children.  Caroline died February 27, 1869 in Rossburg, Stark County, Ohio.  Ezekiel died August 27, 1888 in St. Joseph's County, Indiana.

My paternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Elizabeth MAXSON, was born on this date in 1803 in Harrison County, Virginia.  Elizabeth was the daughter of Jesse and Sarah (SUTTON) MAXSON, and the older sister of my Prudence MAXSON.  Elizabeth married April 1821 in Clark County, Ohio to William S. FURROW.  They had 12 children.  Elizabeth died March 3, 1892.  Nothing further is known at this time.

3 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Hi Travis,
I like how you do your reports. What software program do you use? If it is FTM or RootsWeb, could you walk me through it?
Many thanks.

Travis LeMaster said...

Hi Barb,

I use RootsMagic v.3 for my genealogy software.

To make these reports, I create a calendar of birthdays and anniversaries of the month.

I add these events to Google Calendar, which will give me a reminder annually.

I'm trying to stay a month or two ahead, and post-dating the blog posts to show up on the correct dates.

Barbara Poole said...

Thanks Travis. I may play around with it. I have RM4, but haven't used it much. Haven't used google calendar either...I am so out of it, lots to learn. It will be a challenge some day to try your method. Thanks. Happy New Year.