My paternal 3rd-great grandparents, John and Catherine (YOUNG) METZNER, are buried in the Mt. Zion Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana.
John was born October 2, 1805 in Saxony, the son of Jasper and Hannah (REISENBURG) METZNER.
Catherine was born July 18, 1819 in France, the daughter of Nicholas and Salome (________) YOUNG.
John and Catherine were married on November 4, 1839 in Newark, Licking County, Ohio. John and his family had emigrated to the United States in 1838. I do not know when the Young family emigrated from Alsace to the United States.
John and Catherine lived out their lives in Noble Township, Jay County, Indiana where John farmed. They moved there from Licking County, Ohio circa 1850.
John died on January 10, 1888 in Jay County, Indiana and Catherine followed him on June 22, 1910 in Jay County.
Children of John and Catherine (YOUNG) METZNER are:
- John Adam METZNER (1840-1895); married Clara MOULTON; 4 children
- Henry METZNER (1842-1842)
- William F. METZNER (1844-1929); married Mary Ann HALEY; 8 children
- George W. METZNER (1847-1869); married Elizabeth ________
- Louis Napoleon METZNER (1848-1900); married Henrietta WEAVER; 4 children
- Caroline H. METZNER (1852-aft1880); married James W. HUSTON; 1 child
- Catherine E. METZNER (1853-1943); married George STOLZ; 1 child
- Wesley T. METZNER (1855-aft1930); married Mary Emma ROSER; 4 children
- Samantha E. METZNER (1857-aft1880); married James ORCUTT; 1 child
- Martha J. METZNER (1859-1861)
- Mary A. METZNER (1862-aft1920); married Harvey A. HUEY