The following facts about Adam's life are known:
- Birth: He was born August 23, 1840 in Licking County, Ohio, the son of John and Catherine (YOUNG) METZNER.
- Military: He served in Company G, 40th Ohio Infantry during the Civil War, later veteranized as the 51st Ohio Infantry.
- Marriage: He married Clara MOULTON on November 13, 1864 in Jay County, Indiana.
- Census: 1880 - He appears as head of household in Wayne Township, Jay County, Indiana
- Biography: 1887 - He is mentioned in the "Biographical and Historical Record of Jay County, Indiana" by Lewis Publishing Company, Chicago
- Death: He died December 4, 1895 in Westchester, Jay County, Indiana.
- Burial: He is buried at the Mt. Zion Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana
- Obituary: His obituary appeared in the December 5, 1895 edition of the Portland Daily Commercial
- Census: Need to locate him in the 1850 census, should be in the John METZNER household in Jay County, Indiana.
- Census: Need to locate him in the 1860 census, should be in the John METZNER household in Jay County, Indiana.
- Census: Need to locate him in the 1870 census, should be head of household in Wayne or Noble Townships, Jay County, Indiana.
- Death: Need to obtain a copy of his death certificate from the Jay County, Indiana Health Department.
Ahnentafel # 44: John METZNER (1805-1888); Saxony>Jay Co, IN
Related blog posts: