Saturday, March 27, 2010

Family Milestones: March 27th

My maternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Mary Ann BEALS, was born on this date in 1859 in Westfield, Hamilton County, Indiana.  Mary Ann was the daughter of John T. and Mary (DAVIS) BEALS, and the younger sister of my Nathan Thomas BEALS.  Mary Ann married February 27, 1884 to Joseph Edwin GILBERT, son of P.M. and Emily (________) GILBERT.  Joseph was born December 30, 1862 in Kewanne, Illinois.  They had 3 children and lived in Crawford County, Kansas and Kingfisher County, Oklahoma.  I do not have dates of death for either Mary Ann or Joseph.

My paternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Catherine PETRY, married on this date in 1810 to George MILLER.  Catherine was the daughter of George and Mary Catharina (KALTREIDER) PETRY, and the older sister of my Barbara PETRY.  Catherine was born April 9, 1790 in York County, Pennsylvania.  George was born March 30, 1786 in Mannheim Township, York County, Pennsylvania.  They had 7 children.  George died August 29, 1825 in York County, Pennsylvania.  Catherine died August 9, 1881 in Preble County, Ohio.

My paternal 4th-great granduncle, Amos SUTTON, married on this date in 1817 in Greene County, Ohio to Sarah LIPPENCOTT.  Amos was the son Cornelius and Elizabeth (APPLEGATE) SUTTON, and the younger brother of my Sarah SUTTON.  Amos was born on October 17, 1789 in New Jersey.  I do not have dates of birth and death for Sarah.  They had 8 children.   Amos died February 9, 1870 in Clarke County, Ohio. 

© 2010, copyright Travis J. LeMaster http://tjlgenes.blogspot.com

No comments: