Saturday, April 17, 2010

Family Milestones: April 17th

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Samuel Pangburn WRIGHT, married on this date in 1845 in Highland County, Ohio to Rebecca Ruth HALL.  Samuel was the son of George and Elizabeth (ROBINS) WRIGHT, and the younger brother of my John WRIGHT.  Samuel was born September 22, 1816 in Adams County, Ohio.  Rebecca was born circa 1825 in Ohio.  I do not have her parentage.  They raised a family of 6 children in Brown County, Ohio.  Samuel died February 1860 in Brown County, Ohio.  I do not have Rebecca's date of death.

My maternal 6th-great grandparents, Seth PIERCE and Bethiah FIELD, were married on this date in 1767.  Seth was the son of Seth and Elizabeth (NYE) PIERCE.  Bethiah was the daughter of Bennett and Elizabeth (SPOFFORD) FIELD.  Seth was born September 12, 1744 in Woburn, Middlesex County, Massachusetts.  Bethiah was born April 8, 1746 in Stafford, Windham County, Connecticut.  They had 12 children.  Bethiah died September 18, 1807.  Seth died 1835 in Homer, Cortland County, New York.

My paternal 6th-great grandaunt, Elizabeth DAVIS, was born on this date in 1717.  Elizabeth was the daughter of John and Elizabeth (MAXSON) DAVIS, and the older sister of my Thomas William DAVIS.  Elizabeth married to William BRAND.  I do not have dates of birth or death, nor parentage for William.  They had 6 children.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal great-granduncle, Henry Leonard WEHRLY, was born on this date in 1875 in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana.  Henry was the son of William P. and Olive Jane (SMITH) WEHRLY, and the younger brother of my Barbara Isabel WEHRLY.  Henry married August 23, 1896 to Mamie M. SALISBURY.  I do not have dates of birth or death, nor parentage for Mamie.  Henry died July 13, 1924.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 2nd-great granduncle, Nathaniel Derby CHEW, was born on this date in 1845 in New Jersey.  Nathaniel was the son of Dr. Ezekiel Cooper and Caroline Bishop (WOOLSTON) CHEW, and the older brother of my Mary Keziah CHEW.  Nathaniel married April 18, 1867 to Margaret H. HEISTAND.  Margaret was born May 1845 in Ohio.  I do not have her parentage.  They had 7 children.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 3rd-great grandaunt, Rebecca West CHEW, was born on this date in 1814.  Rebecca was the daughter of Rev. Nathaniel and Mary (WEST) CHEW, and the older sister of my Ezekiel Cooper CHEW.  Rebecca married December 29, 1831 to Charles LOCK.  I do not have dates of birth or death, nor parentage for Charles.  Rebecca died April 10, 1893.  Nothing further is known at this time. 

© 2010, copyright Travis J. LeMaster http://tjlgenes.blogspot.com

No comments: