Sunday, May 09, 2010

Family Milestones: May 9th

My maternal 6th-great grandaunt, Sarah HEATON, married on this date in 1735 to Matthew WILLIAMS.  Sarah was the daughter of Samuel and Susan (HAWES) HEATON, and the older sister of my John HEATON.  Sarah was born September 13, 1707.  I do not have dates of birth or death, nor parentage for Matthew. Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 4th-great grandaunt, Amanda MOULTON, was born on this date in 1802.  Amanda was the daughter of John and Avis (HURLBUT) MOULTON, and the younger sister of my Selah MOULTON.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 5th-great granduncle, Nathan DAVIS, was born on this date in 1740 in Westerly, Rhode Island.  Nathan was the son of Thomas William and Tacy (CRANDALL) DAVIS, and the younger brother of my Elisabeth DAVIS.  Nathan was married January 19, 1761 to Ann GIFFORD.  Ann was born January 17, 1742.  They had 14 children and lived in Salem, Virginia.  Ann died in 1820.  Nathan died before October 17, 1814 in Salem, Virginia.

No comments: