Monday, June 28, 2010

Family Milestones: June 28th

My maternal great-grandparents, Clemon Beals LAMBERTSON and June Kirk DAVIS, were married on this date in 1917 in Monroe County, Indiana.  Clemon was the son of Charles Wilson and Pearl May (BEALS) LAMBERTSON.  June was the daughter of Ida DAVIS.  They lived in Elwood and Greentown, Indiana where they raised 4 children.  Clemon was a cabinetmaker for Sellers.  June died March 20, 1951 in Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.  Clemon died March 18, 1994 in Anderson, Madison County, Indiana.  Both are buried in the Elwood Cemetery, Elwood, Madison County, Indiana.

My paternal 7th-great grandfather, John CRANDALL, was married on this date in 1738 to Elizabeth LEWIS, daughter of James and Sarah (BABCOCK) LEWIS.  John was born circa 1682 in Westerly, Rhode Island, the son of Joseph and Deborah (BURDICK) CRANDALL.  Elizabeth was born circa 1693.  I do not have her parentage. They had 2 children.  John had previously been married twice before.  John died January 1767 in Hopkinton, Rhode Island.

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Peter GROENENDYKE, was married on this date in 1821 in Wayne County, Indiana to Hannah BEARD, daughter of Thomas and Elizabeth (DICKS) BEARD.  Peter was the son of James and Joannah (ANTONIDES) GROENENDYKE, and the older brother of my Elias GROENENDYKE.  Peter was born May 2, 1800 in New Jersey.  Hannah's birth was recorded 1803, 12th month, 12th day at Springfield Monthly Meeting, Guilford County, North Carolina.  They had 4 children.  Peter died August 24, 1854 in Montgomery County, Indiana.  Hannah died November 19, 1886.

My maternal great-granduncle, Gerald LAMBERTSON, was born on this date in 1906 in Hamilton County, Indiana.  Gerald was the son of Charles Wilson and Pearl May (BEALS) LAMBERTSON, and the younger brother of my Clemon LAMBERTSON.  Gerald died October 4, 1906 in Hamilton County, Indiana and is buried in the Cicero Cemetery, Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana.

My maternal great-grandaunt, Geraldine LAMBERTSON, was born on this date in 1906 in Hamilton County, Indiana.  Geraldine was the daughter of Charles Wilson and Pearl May (BEALS) LAMBERTSON, and the younger sister of my Clemon LAMBERTSON.  Geraldine died October 5, 1906 in Hamilton County, Indiana and is buried in the Cicero Cemetery, Cicero, Hamilton County, Indiana.

My maternal 2nd-great grandaunt, Lola May LAMBERTSON, was born on this date in 1883 in Hamilton County, Indiana.  Lola was the daughter of Carey W. and Clara E. (COOK) LAMBERTSON, and the younger sister of my Charles Wilson LAMBERTSON.  Lola married April 15, 1905 in Hamilton County, Indiana to Omer A. WHISLER, son of Joseph W. and Mary Francis (PAUL) WHISLER.  Omer was born February 13, 1869 in Atlanta, Hamilton County, Indiana.  They had 2 children.  Omer died May 22, 1946.  Lola died November 26, 1964 in Hamilton County, Indiana.  Both are buried in the Arcadia Cemetery, Arcadia, Hamilton County, Indiana.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm looking to find information about a Peter Amos Groendyke who was son of Peter Groendyke and Hannah Beard. Peter had a daughter and died one year later on 10 Oct 1867. His daughter's name was Carrie. I have no information to support this which I found on someone's online site. I've tried emailing that submitter, however without response over the space of several years. My name is Kapua. Carrie was my great great grandmother. You can email me @ punaluukapua@yahoo.com