Wednesday, February 09, 2011

To My Valentine



Mr. Clarence Stuber
Spencerville, Ohio
Box 54


Feb. 13, 1913


Dear friend - How are you? I am feeling fine.  Have been to church every night so far.  Night before last three more came forward.  They were Mell Coder, Leland Goodson and Ruby Gibson Haley.  We were to Portland Tuesday.  Saw Lottie, maybe she will come out Saturday and stay over Sunday.  Ruthie has a bad cold.  As ever


Your friend,


Vera


---
This postcard, postmarked Portland, Indiana, February 13, 1913, was sent by my paternal great-aunt Vera HALEY to her future husband, Clarence STUBER.  The Ruthie mentioned is Vera's sister, my grandmother, Ruth (HALEY) LeMASTER.  The Lottie mentioned is Clarence's sister.  I do not yet know the relationship of Ruby Gibson Haley to my family.

No comments: