Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sentimental Sunday : Senior Will


I, Travis J. LeMaster, of the senior class of 1987, being of questionable mind and unexplained body, do make, and publish, and declare the following to be my senior will.

To my little brother, Jason, I leave the legacy of the the nickname "Moe," and the uncanny ability to pass courses without doing any serious work.

To Chuck Tuite, I leave my collection of German folkmusic.

To Glenn Smock and Mark Naselroad, I leave my wrestling shoes (one for each).

To the senior class of 1988, I leave the responsibility of keeping S.U.R.F.F. alive and well.

To Ronnie Ross, I leave my "mooching" abilities, and to Lori Hannah, I leave my brains (she'll need some).

To Mike Lewis, I leave my typing skills, and to the rest of the study body, I leave my blessings and an open invitation to party with me at Ball State.


This was my "Senior Will" as published in the Tiger's Tale, the school newspaper of Alexandria-Monroe High School.  I came across this while looking for pictures for my 25th class reunion.

S.U.R.F.F. stood for "Student's United Revolutionary Freedom Fighters" and was a spoof that was done for the yearbook.  Featuring a para-military takeover of the school, complete with camo and weapons, it was something that would not be tolerated in today's post-Columbine world.

Sentimental Sunday – discuss a sentimental story or memory about an ancestor, or maybe even a family tradition that touches you. This is an ongoing series at GeneaBloggers  and was suggested by Renate Sanders at Into the Light .

No comments: