Source: Jay County, Indiana, Original Marriage License, "Andrew F. Haley to Emma C. Leonard, 1887"; County Marriage Returns Collection; Jay County Historical Society, Portland, Indiana.
Jay County, Indiana, SS:
To All who shall See these Presents Greet:
Know Ye, That any person empowered by law to solemnize marriages, is hereby authorized to join together, as Husband and Wife,
Andrew F. Haley and Emma C. Leonhard
and for so doing, this shall be his sufficient authority.
In Testimony Whereof, I, W.S. Fleming, Clerk of the Jay Circuit Court, hereunto subscribe my name, and affix the seal of said Court, at Portland this 2d day of November A.D., 1887.
W.S. Fleming Clerk
State of Indiana, Jay County, SS:
This Certifies, That I, Geo. Wolf Pastor of the Ev. Church joined in marriage as Husband and Wife, Andrew F. Haley and Emma C. Leonhard, on the third day of November, A.D. 1887.
Source: Jay County, Indiana, Original Marriage Return, "Andrew F. Haley to Emma C. Leonhard, 1887"; County Marriage Returns Collection; Jay County Historical Society, Portland, Indiana.
1. Full Name of Groom Andrew F. Haley
2. Place of Residence Noble Twp. Jay Co. Ind.
3. Age next Birthday 24 years
4. Color White
5. Occupation Farmer
6. Place of Birth Ashland O.
7. Father's Name G.W. Haley
8. Mother's Maiden Name M.J. Scherrick
9. No. of Groom's Marriage 1
10. Full Name of Bride Emma C. Leonhard
11. Place of Residence Noble Twp. Jay Co. Ind.
12. Age Next Birthday 22 years
13. Color White
14. Place of Birth Noble Twp. Jay Co. Ind.
15. Father's Name J. T. Leonard
16. Mother's Maiden Name Chr. Theurer
17. No. of Bride's Marriage 1
18. Place of Marriage Noble Twp. Jay Co. Ind.
19. By Rev. Geo. Wolf
20. Dated Nov. 3. 1887
This record of the marriage of Andrew Franklin Haley (1864-1937) and Emma Catherine Leonhard (1866-1925) was located at the Jay County Historical Society in Portland, Indiana.
Andrew was my paternal great-granduncle, son of George Washington and Mary Jane (Sherrick) Haley. The return show's Emma's father as "J.T. Leonhard", but I have it as John Philip Leonhard in my database.
The Haleys were members of the Evangelical Association church, but I'm not aware of any other connections with the minister, George Wolf.