Monday, June 09, 2014

DNA : Dad's Top Ten Matches at 23andMe


Here is a screenshot of the top ten DNA matches for my dad at 23andMe.  I am obviously the closest match.  For privacy reasons, I've erased the last names of the public matches.

Dad's next closest match is Ed, who is predicted to be a 2nd to 4th cousin, sharing 1.26% DNA and 4 segments.  I've been in contact with Ed, and determined that he is my dad's fourth cousin through the common ancestors of Selah Moulton and Lydia Finel.

Dad's next closest match is William, who was predicted to be a 2nd to 4th cousin, sharing 1.07% DNA but 6 segments.  I've also been in contact with Bill, and have determined that he is my dad's second cousin once removed through the common ancestors of Luman Walker Lemasters and Mary Keziah Chew.

Dad's next closest public match, David, who was predicted to be a 3rd to 4th cousin, sharing 0.92% DNA with 3 segments.  I've been in contact with David, and have determined that he is my dad's third cousin once removed through the common ancestors of George J. Haley and Rachel Gary.

Invitations to connect have been sent out to all of this matches.

No comments: