Luman was born in Shelby County, Ohio on October 19, 1842, the son of Rev. Luman Walker and Nancy (Young) Lemasters Sr.
Mary was born in Mt. Holly, Burlington County, New Jersey on February 13, 1847, the daughter of Dr. Ezekiel Cooper and Caroline Bishop (Woolston) Chew.
Luman and Mary were married in Versailles, Darke County, Ohio on October 2, 1864 while Luman was on leave during the Civil War. Luman served as a private in Company C, 39th Indiana Infanty, which was later turned into a mounted unit and renamed the 8th Regiment Indiana Cavalry.
Luman and Mary lived out their lives in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana in the village of Salamonia. Mary died February 22, 1927 in Salamonia, and Luman followed on November 18, 1931.
Luman and Mary were the parents of ten children, most of whom were born in Jay County, Indiana:
- Beulah Sarah LeMasters (1866-1940) married Lynn Lumas Rockwell, had 4 children.
- Luman Cooper LeMasters (1867-1933) married Barbara Isabelle Wehrly, had 13 children. They are my great-grandparents.
- Phillip D. LeMasters (1869-1869) was about four months old when he died.
- William Clifford LeMasters (1871-1922) married Lella Edith Lewis, had 4 children.
- Mary Elsie LeMasters (1872-1942) married Matthias J. Atkinson, had 1 child.
- Bertha Fidelia LeMasters (1874-1922) married John Henry Yaeger, had 6 children.
- Ord Otterbein LeMasters (1876-1937) married Emma W.G. Garmhausen, had 1 child.
- Edith Mabel LeMasters (1879-1949) married Henry Meinholtz, had 4 children.
- Una Maude LeMasters (1884-1968) married Senator Winfield Phillips, had 2 children.
- Arthur Raymond LeMasters (1885-1971) married Maude Gertrude McLaughlin, had 1 child.
- Vernon Walker LeMasters (1888-1955) married Helene Garmhausen, had 2 children.