My paternal great-grandparents, Eli Weldon and Cora Belle (Metzner) Haley, are buried in the Mt. Zion Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana.
Eli was born March 24, 1866 in Erie County, Ohio, the son of George Washington and Mary Jane (Sherrick) Haley.
Cora was born August 21, 1868 in Jay County, Indiana, the daughter of John Adam and Clara (Moulton) Metzner.
Eli and Cora were married on July 21, 1888 in Jay County, Indiana. They lived out their lives on a farm in Noble Township, Jay County, Indiana.
Cora died on April 28, 1955 in Jay County, Indiana, and Eli followed on June 14, 1957 in Jay County, Indiana.
Eli and Cora were the parents of the following children, all born in Jay County, Indiana:
- Vera Delphene Haley (1890-1987), married Clarence Stuber, 1 child
- Orpha Mable Haley (1892-1899)
- Mary Annetttie Haley (1895-), married Galen Miller, 2 children
- Clara Elnora Haley (1900-), married Eugune Kunce, 1 child
- Charles L. Haley (1902-1903)
- Carrie Verle Haley (1905-2003), married Waymon Thornburg
- Ruth Pauline Haley (1906-1971), married Ord Wehrly LeMaster, 6 children