Thursday, December 03, 2009

Advent Calendar - December 3 - Christmas Tree Ornaments



Our family likes Christmas ornaments.  We have all types from homemade ones made by the kids to store bought ones with sentimental attachments.  We definitely have the silly ones, like the Indianapolis Colts one I'm holding in the above photo, to the "Our First Christmas", etc.

My folks like to buy ornaments every year for the grandkids that reflect a period in their lives : an instrument, a sports team, etc.  I have my John Deere ornament and Tony Stewart's car for our tree.  


The kids have made ornaments at school and church that we still have in the collection.  We've also gone to the Walkway of Lights in Marion and purchased handcrafted ones as well.  We have a bit of an eclectic mix of ornaments to choose from when we put up the tree.


Sometimes when the ornaments are past their prime, it is hard to say goodbye to them.  Perhaps that is just the pack rat in me.  


 

No comments: