Saturday, December 19, 2009

Family Milestones: December 19th

My paternal great-grandaunt, Ethel May WEHRLY, was married on this date in 1906 to William SHREEVE.  Ethel was the daughter of William P. and Olive Jane (SMITH) WEHRLY, and the younger sister of my Barbara Isabel WEHRLY.  I do not have dates of birth or death for William.   Ethel died April 12, 1951.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Arana "Rainey" WARDLOW, was born on this date in 1806 in Ohio.  Arana was the son of Samuel and Elizabeth (NESBIT) WARDLAW, and the older brother of my Anna WARDLOW.  Arana married on February 12, 1852 in Brown County, Ohio to Mary DENNIS.  Mary was born circa 1815 in Kentucky.  Arana was a farmer in Washington Township, Brown County, Ohio.  Arana died July 11, 1884 in Brown County, Ohio.  Nothing further is know at this time.


My paternal 6th-great granduncle, Johannes SCHERCH, was born on this date in 1706 in Sumiswald, Canton Bern, Switzerland.  Johannes was the son of Ulrich and Barbara (GRUNDBACHER) SCHURCH, and the younger brother of my Ulrich SCHERCH.  Nothing further is known at this time.


My maternal 6th-great granduncle, Joseph CHEW, was born on this date in 1765 in Virginia.  Joseph was the son of Major James and Mary (CALDWELL) CHEW, and the older brother of my Andrew CHEW.  Joseph married December 2, 1799 in Frederick County, Virginia to Elizabeth THOMAS, the daughter of Sampson THOMAS.  Elizabeth was born June 9, 1772 probably in Pike County, Virginia.  They had 10 children.  Elizabeth died September 11, 1843 in Andersonville, Ross County, Ohio.  Joseph died March 12, 1848 in Andersonville, Ross County, Ohio.


No comments: