Saturday, April 10, 2010

My New Avatar


I had no idea that my new avatar would garner such a positive response.  I was getting tired of the same old photograph on my blog, my Facebook and Twitter pages, and decided to do something different. . On Twitter, @maineroots and @A_CAIN were quick to comment on my new avatar, including the nice mutton chops!

The photograph is of my paternal 3rd-great grandfather, Dr. Ezekiel Cooper CHEW (1822-1888), one of my more intriguing ancestors.  A medical doctor, he also practiced law and lived in Darke County, Ohio and Jay and St. Joseph County, Indiana.  He managed to have three wives and 16 children, which I'm still working on tracking down. I like this photograph because he looks a bit like my dad.


The avatar was taken from a photograph that currently hangs at the Marshall County Historical Society Museum in Plymouth, Indiana.  A fellow researcher was nice enough to snap a picture for me several years ago.  One of my goals is to make a trip there to see what other CHEW family information they might have.

© 2010, copyright Travis J. LeMaster http://tjlgenes.blogspot.com

No comments: