Monday, May 31, 2010

Family MIlestones: May 31st

My paternal great-grandaunt, Bertha Fidelia LeMASTERS, was born on this date in 1874 in Darke County, Ohio.  Bertha was the daughter of Luman Walker and Mary Keziah (CHEW) LEMASTERS, and the younger sister of my Luman Cooper LeMASTERS.  Bertha married May 20, 1903 in Jay County, Indiana to John Henry YAEGER.  John was born October 4, 1871.  They moved to Clay County, Indiana and raised 6 children.  John died in 1963.  Bertha died March 16, 1922 in Clay County, Indiana.

 

2 comments:

Barbara Poole said...

Travis, regarding your Philbrick line, I wonder if there is a connection to Herb Philbrick of "I Led Three Lives" fame.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kUPuV12GMxwJ:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herbert_Philbrick+i+led+three+lives+philbrick&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Travis LeMaster said...

Wow, I have no idea if he is related, but he certainly sounds like an interesting character. I guess I'll have to 'read the book' to find out more...