Friday, December 24, 2010

Advent Calendar : Christmas Eve

How did you, your family or your ancestors spend Christmas Eve?


As a kid, we spent Christmas Eve at my Grandma Wright's house.  Many times, my cousins were there as well.  We would have a good meal, drink the traditional Christmas punch and open presents.  We always had to pose for a picture next to the plastic Santa.


Nowdays, we usually spend Christmas Eve day with my mother-in-law and then in the evening we go to my parents.  My brother-in-law and his family usually come up and we celebrate his birthday as well.  My stepdaughters spend Christmas Eve with their dad and come back late in the evening.  Depending on the schedules, we see as many of the family as possible.  Work schedules make it difficult to bring everyone together every year.


In our small town, Santa Claus usually makes an appearance riding the firetruck through the town on Christmas Eve.


My mom shares her Christmas Eve memories:
As a child, I went to my grandparents houses on Christmas Eve.   There was plenty of food and gifts were exchanged.   We were always the last ones to arrive as my dad, Bill Wright, worked at the Post Office and usually didn't get off work until 7 p.m.   Since I am a grandparent, I feel that children need to be home on Christmas Day so we try to get together on Christmas Eve with the families.  

No comments: