Saturday, March 05, 2011

Fearless Females: How They Met

March 5 — How did they meet? You’ve documented marriages, now, go back a bit. Do you know the story of how your parents met? Your grandparents?


I know that my parents met while they were at college - Ball State Teachers College in Muncie, Indiana.  They've told me the story, but sad to say I don't have it written down.  Need to go back and ask them again.


My paternal grandparents, Ord LeMASTER and Ruth HALEY, I do not know how they met.  They grew up in adjoining townships, less than 5 miles apart, so they could have met any number of ways.  Grandpa Ord was 25 years old when they were married, Grandma Ruth was 20.  Will have to ask relatives how they met at the next family reunion.


My maternal grandparents, William WRIGHT and Bonnie LAMBERTSON, I also do not know how they met.  Grandpa was a farm boy from Alexandria, Grandma was a city girl from Elwood.  I do know that they double-dated with Bonnie's sister Ruby and Robert WALSH.  Grandpa was 21 and Grandma was 17 when they were married.  Again, will also need to ask relatives how they met.


Once again, in honor of National Women’s History Month, Lisa Alzo of The Accidental Genealogist blog presents Fearless Females: 31 Blogging Prompts to Celebrate Women’s History Month.

No comments: