Friday, March 09, 2012

Postcard : Ashland, Ohio Presbyterian Church



Ashland, Ohio
August 3, 1909

Miss Vera Haley
Portland, Ind.
R.F.D. 9.

Ashland, O. Union and 4th St.
Aug. 1

Dear niece and all the rest -

Your letter rec'd and glad to get it.  Cledith is getting better I haven't time to write a letter this time.  But you can read Ma's.  I have a good many to write. I expect the next one I hear getting married will be Vera for Ma said he stayed that night she was there till he could see to go home, a pretty good sign.  We have 2 old maids live across the street from us one looks like Angeline Metzner we call her Angeline.  Was Irvin and Julia at Axe's, did she get my card

Carrie

---
This postcard was sent to my paternal great-aunt, Vera HALEY, by her aunt Carrie (HALEY) GRAVES (1877-1956).  Cledith was Carrie's son.  Irvin and Julia were Irvin G. and Julia (STONE) METZNER, who were 2nd cousin's of Carrie.

No comments: