Friday, March 02, 2012

Postcard: Love's Own Sweet Perfume



Spencerville, Ohio
July 28, 1919

Miss Vera Haley
Portland, Ind. 
R.R. 9

Dear friend -

This Sunday evening I have been taking in the Chautaqua and think it fine.  I am not sure when I will write a letter for I will take in the Chautaqua when possible.  It is raining here now.  I received your letter yesterday.  John left at 5:30 this morning with the [malitia?] to camp up along lake Erie.

As ever,

Clarence

----
This postcard was sent to my paternal great-aunt, Vera Haley, by her future husband, Clarence Stuber.  It is part of the collection of postcards now in the possession of my father.

The Chautaqua movement was popular in rural America during this time period.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your missing word is "militia" but misspelled.