Saturday, December 19, 2015

FindAGrave Correction : John P. Wehrly (1838-1909)

Received an email recently with a correction to my entry for John P. Wehrly (1838-1909) at the FindAGrave site.  I had his death year listed as 1910, which is clearly what is on his tombstone.




However, the records from the Baird & Hardy Funeral clearly state that he died in 1909.

Baird & Hardy Funeral Home Record

Name of Deceased        John P. Wehrly
Record Number   Number 89
Place of Birth  Pa.
Date    August 28, 1838
Place of Death  South Portland
Date    December 13, 1909
Age at Death    71 years, 3 months, 16 days
Cause of Death
Sex
Color
Social Status
Occupation
Name of Father
Name of Mother
Nativity
Physician       Dr. Paddock
Time of Funeral
Services        Salamonia
Interment at    Salamonia
Burial Date     December 15, 1909
Minister in Charge

Checking my RootsMagic database, I had cited his death date as December 13, 1910 from Baird & Hardy Funeral Home Records: Jay County, Indiana 1909-1911 (N.p.: n.p., n.d.), .  Somehow I must have mistyped the date.

John was the husband of my paternal 2nd-great grandaunt, Catherine E. Lemasters (1840-1911), daughter of Luman Walker and Nancy (Young) Lemasters.  John was a farmer in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana.

I need to search out an obituary for him and see what additional information I can find on my next trip to Jay County.


No comments: