Thursday, September 02, 2021

Still Plugging Along

Well I've not done a great job of keeping up with this blog, though it doesn't mean I haven't been working on my genealogy.

Work and summer activities have kept me busy, but one project I've spent an inordinant amount of time on has been the updating of the census records in my database for the 1940 census.  Finding records in 1940 and sourcing them in my RootsMagic database has added a few newly found family members.  Updating the tree at Ancestry allows for additional connections to DNA matches.

I'm working through the alphabet, and am currently in the letter "S", so hope to have the 1940 project wrapped up soon.  My next census project will be the 1880 census - the first one to give relationships to the head of household - and make sure that I have a record for everyone alive at the time of the 1880 census.

Working on some family projects and lineage society applications as well - more to come on those.  




No comments: