Saturday, January 20, 2007

Eli W. Haley Family - Jay Co., IN

Today I sourced the census data for the 1900-1920 census records for the Eli W. Haley family of Jay Co., IN. Of particular interest to me was the 1920 census, as that was the first record of my grandmother, Ruth, in the U.S. census.

Eli W. Haley was a farmer in Noble Twp., Jay Co., IN. during those years. I did find it interesting how the names of the children were sometimes listed. For instance, daughter Clara Elnora Haley was Nora C. in the 1910 census and Nora A. in the 1920 census - I've also heard her referred to as Nora.

The Haley family lived on Noble Pike in the 1920 census next door to the Miller family. In 1917, daughter Mary A. Haley married Galen Miller. It is interesting to see who my ancestor's neighbors were and see the connections between intermarriages.

Eli Weldon HALEY b. March 24, 1866 Erie Co., OH., d. June 14, 1957 Jay Co., IN., m. July 21, 1888 Jay Co., IN to Cora Belle METZNER, daughter of John Adam and Clara (MOULTON) METZNER. Cora b. September 1843 Licking Co., OH., d. July 2, 1899 Westchester, Jay Co., IN.

No comments: