My paternal great-grandparents, Luman Cooper and Barbara Isabel (Wehrly) LeMasters, are buried in the Salamonia Cemetery, Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana.
Luman was born May 27, 1867 in Jay County, Indiana, the son of Luman Walker and Mary Keziah (Chew) Lemasters.
Barbara was born March 14, 1869 in Jay County, Indiana, the daughter of William P. and Olive Jane (Smith) Wehrly.
Luman and Barbara were married on November 13, 1886 in Jay County, Indiana. They moved shortly after their marriage to Ord, Valley County, Nebraska, but returned to Jay County, Indiana after the death of their first child. They lived out their remaining years on their farm in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana.
Luman and Barbara were the parents of thirteen children, all but the first child were born in Jay County, Indiana.
- [unknown name] LeMasters (1887-1887) died in infancy in Valley County, Nebraska
- Clarence Harrison LeMasters (1888-1963) married Ferry May Bickel, had 5 children
- Chesleigh Franklin LeMasters (1890-1960) married Clara Louise Burkey, had 6 children
- Bertha Alberta LeMasters (1892-1961) married Russell J. Hercules, had 4 children
- Floyd LeMasters (1894-1982) married Shirely Opal Gagle, had 2 children
- Gerald Walker LeMasters (1896-1987) married Mabel Agnes Kantner, had 3 children; married Pearl Lovina Smith, had 2 children
- Stanley Duey LeMaster (1898-1982) married Anna Beard, had 4 children
- Dorothy Dot LeMaster (1900-1984) married Charles Glendon Hunt, had 3 children; married Glen Lock
- John Leland LeMaster (1902-1980) married Dortha LeEtta DeLauter, had 6 children
- Freda Claire LeMaster (1904-1979) married James Orville LaFollette; had 2 children
- Ord Wehrly LeMaster (1906-1971) married Ruth Pauline Haley, had 6 children. These are my grandparents.
- Mary Olive LeMaster (1909-) married Virgil Thornton Taylor, had 1 child.
- Elvin Cooper LeMaster (1912-2000) married Cleo Belle Hanks, had 4 children.