Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Family Milestones: November 11th

My maternal 4th-great grandaunt, Elizabeth CROCKETT, married Miles BRAY on this date in 1845 in Owen County, Indiana. Elizabeth was the daughter of David and Mary Ann (NOSLER) CROCKETT, and was the older sister of my Mary Ann CROCKETT. Elizabeth was born circa 1827, probably in Owen County, but I haven't followed this line any further. I have no information in my database on Miles BRAY.

My paternal 2nd-great granduncle, Abel Woolston CHEW, was born on this date in 1843 in Blackwood, Gloucester County, New Jersey. Abel was the son of Dr. Ezekiel Cooper and Caroline Bishop (WOOLSTON) CHEW, and the older brother of my Mary Keziah CHEW. Abel married September 25, 1862 in Greenville, Darke County, Ohio to Salome H. HOLDEMAN. Abel was a school teacher and farmer and they lived in Darke County, Ohio and Charlevoix County, Michigan where he died on January 9, 1903.

My paternal 5th-great grandmother, Avis HURLBUT, was born on this date in 1762 in Woodbury, Connecticut. Avis was the daughter of Israel and Jerusha (________) HURLBUT. She married John MOULTON, son of Samuel and Phoebe (________) MOULTON, on July 24, 1781 in Castleton, Rutland County, Vermont. I do not have a record of Avis' death, but it was probably in Vermont.

My maternal 2nd-great granduncle, Charles Riggs WRIGHT, was born on this date in 1870 in Madison County, Indiana. Charles was the son of Joseph W. and Rebecca Ann (HEATON) WRIGHT, and the younger brother of my John William WRIGHT. Charles married Bertha Cordelia LEONARD, daughter of Stephen Sylvester and Susan (TODD) LEONARD, on December 6, 1890 in Innisdale, Madison County, Indiana. Charles was a salesman and farmer of Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana where he died November 23, 1967.

My paternal 3rd-great granduncle, Jonathan MAXSON, was born on this date in 1810 in Clark County, Ohio. Jonathan was the son of Jesse and Sarah (SUTTON) MAXSON, and the older brother of my Prudence MAXSON. Jonathan married in 1829 to Christiana DAVIS. He died 1878 in Dearfield, Indiana.

No comments: