Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Family Milestones : November 3rd

My paternal 2nd-great granduncle, Louis Napoleon METZNER, was born on this date in 1848 in St. Louisville, Licking County, Ohio, the son of John and Catherine (YOUNG) METZNER and a younger brother to my John Adam METZNER. Louis was a farmer who lived most of his life in Jay County, Indiana - in Wayne, Noble and Bearcreek Townships. Louis married Henrietta WEAVER on July 2, 1871 in Jay County, Indiana and he died July 3, 1900 in Bearcreek Township, Jay County, Indiana.

Another paternal 2nd-great granduncle, Henry METZNER, was born on this date in 1842 in Licking County, Ohio. He was the brother of Louis Napoleon METZNER above. Unfortunately, Henry died as an infant. I have his date of death as 1842, but do not have the exact date.

My paternal great-granduncle, Andrew Frank HALEY, married Emma C. LEONHARD on this date in 1887 in Jay County, Indiana. Andrew was the son of George Washington and Mary Jane (SHERRICK) HALEY, and the older brother to my Eli Weldon HALEY. Andrew was a farmer and lived out his life in Noble Township of Jay County, Indiana. One of my research goals is to locate his date of death.

My maternal great-granduncle, John Herman PIERCE, married Charlotte FERGUSON on this date in 1923 in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana. Herman was the son of William Francis and Clara (PENNISTEN) PIERCE, and the older brother of my Edna Muriel PIERCE. Herman was a farmer of Lafayette Township, Madison County, Indiana and died in 1959.

No comments: