Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Genealogy Research Journal - December 2, 2009

Updated my database today with information I received from a correspondant regarding a collateral COOK family line.  Janet Cook Hart saw my database at Worldconnect and gave me corrections and additions to connect James S. COOK b. 1803 Guilford County, North Carolina into the main branches of the Quaker COOKS already in my database.  Turns out James is a 3rd cousin 6 times removed from me, but a descendant of Peter COOK and Elinor NORMAN.


Looking at the data reminds me that I have far to go to correct and document the correct Quaker dating in my records.  

2 comments:

Earline Hines Bradt said...

Did any of your Quaker Cooks come to Canada? The Cooks who built Cook's Mill, where the battle took place?

Travis LeMaster said...

Earline,

I don't know that any of these Cooks came to Canada.