Friday, January 08, 2010

Family Milestones: January 8th

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Allen WARDLAW, married on this date in 1824 to Sally BROWN.  Allen was the son of Samuel and Elizabeth (NESBIT) WARDLAW, and the older brother of my Anna WARDLOW.  Allen was born circa 1800 in Ohio.  I do not have the birth and death dates for Sally.  Allen died about 1854.  Nothing further is known at this time.

My paternal 6th-great grandmother, Judith SANBORN, was born on this date in 1715 in Hampton Falls, Province of New Hampshire.  Judith was the daughter of Enoch and Elizabeth (DENNETT) SANBORN.  Judith married December 26, 1734 in Hampton Falls, Province of New Hampshire to John PHILBRICK.  John was born May 26, 1712 in Hampton, Province of New Hampshire, the son of Thomas and Abigail (________) PHILBRICK.  They raised a family of 7 children.  John died on February 16, 1748 in Hampton Falls, Province of New Hampshire.  I do not have the death date for Judith.

My maternal 4th-great granduncle, Royal Storrs PIERCE, was born on this date in 1812.  Royal was the son of Gordon and Thirsa (SMALLEY) PIERCE, and the younger brother of my Francis S. PIERCE.  Royal married September 30, 1835 to Juliet MORTON.  Juliet was born September 11, 1809.  They had 3 children.  Royal died March 6, 1845 in Mina, New York.

No comments: