I updated my GEDCOM today at Rootsweb, as part of an attempt to maintain a backup of my data. Sometimes I forget to update that database at least once per month.
Yesterday, I spent the evening sorting through a pile of genealogy notes that I had stuffed into a manilla file folder. The file folder was bursting at the seems because there were so many pages. A lot of these were print outs of emails, websites, etc. that I had visited as far back as 2007! As I started reading them and extracting the information into my Rootsmagic database, I was embarrassed to discover that some information I had recently been looking for had already been in my hands for 3 years. Bad genealogist!
Making progress is like eating an elephant, you have to do it "one bite at a time".