Monday, November 01, 2010

Amanuensis Monday: Wishes For Your Recovery

Amanuensis: A person employed to write what another dictates or to copy what has been written by another.





Wishes for Your Recovery


Until  you're well completely And your health is back to stay, Good wishes will be with you To cheer you on your way!


"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed in Thee..." Is. 26:3


Your brother-in-law


E.C. Kunce
July 10, 1964


[backside]


Bradley, Illinois


Dear Vera, 


Hope this finds you feeling much better in every way.  That you are able to sit and get about and to be eating better.  Suppose you will be going home sometime after Sunday July 12 or not later than Tuesday or Wednesday.  Suppose Clarence will be ready for you to get back home.  Hope Elnora will know how to cook and wait on you when you get home.  I am getting along OK.  Cooking and washing dishes each meal so far.  I may go out today yet I don't have time to go out as I have been busy typing and getting ready for Sunday and the Broadcast taping this Friday P.M.  These pens don't want to work on this paper I have used 4 different pens.  I will write a note to Elnora & put in the save postage.  Ha! Hope you are Better.  Eugene.


This "get well" card was sent to my maternal great-aunt, Vera (HALEY) STUBER, by her brother-in-law, Rev. Eugene C. KUNCE, who was married to Elnora, Vera's younger sister.  Elnora must have been staying with Vera and helping to take care of her.  The broadcast referenced must refer to a religious service that was taped.  Sure would be interested to locate one of those on tape.  Clarence was Vera's husband.


This card was found among some papers that my father located.

John Newmark at TransylvanianDutch started this Monday genealogy meme, which has quickly spread throughout the Geneablogger community. I am excited to be a participant and transcribe the records of my family.

No comments: