Thursday, December 16, 2010

Albert Moulton (1819-1864)

Albert MOULTON was my paternal 3rd-great grandfather.  He remains a man of mystery.


The following facts about Albert's life are known:

  • Birth: He was born May 10, 1819 in Rutland County, Vermont, the son of Selah and Lydia (FENNEL) MOULTON.
  • Marriage: He married before 1843 to Emeline PHILBRICK
  • Census: 1850 - he appears in Placerville, El Dorado County, California, as a miner.
  • Death: Supposedly he died May 18, 1864, location unknown.
The following facts need additional research and/or documentation to complete my research:
  • Marriage: There should be a record of his marriage, possibly in Licking County, Ohio, where his daughter Clara, was born.
  • Gold Rush: Albert supposedly went to California during the Gold Rush and died there, according to a county history.  Whether he was divorced or abandoned his wife, I do not know.
  • Census: I am not 100% positive that the census record in 1850 is my man.  The record claims he is a 31 year old man, born in Vermont.
  • Census: 1860 - I have not been able to find Albert in the 1860 census.  There is another Albert Moulton in California with wife Hannah.
  • Military : I have not located any record of military service during the Civil War for Albert.
  • Death: My source of the death date came from a handwritten family group sheet.

Ancestry of Albert Moulton, Ahnentafel # 46 in my ancestry:

Ahnentafel # 92: Selah MOULTON (1790-1848); Rutland Co., VT>Licking Co., OH

Ahnentafel # 184: John MOULTON (1755-c1808); Hartford Co., CT>Rutland Co., VT

Ahnentafel # 368: Samuel MOULTON (c1730-    )

Related blog posts:




No comments: