The following facts about Albert's life are known:
- Birth: He was born May 10, 1819 in Rutland County, Vermont, the son of Selah and Lydia (FENNEL) MOULTON.
- Marriage: He married before 1843 to Emeline PHILBRICK
- Census: 1850 - he appears in Placerville, El Dorado County, California, as a miner.
- Death: Supposedly he died May 18, 1864, location unknown.
The following facts need additional research and/or documentation to complete my research:
- Marriage: There should be a record of his marriage, possibly in Licking County, Ohio, where his daughter Clara, was born.
- Gold Rush: Albert supposedly went to California during the Gold Rush and died there, according to a county history. Whether he was divorced or abandoned his wife, I do not know.
- Census: I am not 100% positive that the census record in 1850 is my man. The record claims he is a 31 year old man, born in Vermont.
- Census: 1860 - I have not been able to find Albert in the 1860 census. There is another Albert Moulton in California with wife Hannah.
- Military : I have not located any record of military service during the Civil War for Albert.
- Death: My source of the death date came from a handwritten family group sheet.
Ancestry of Albert Moulton, Ahnentafel # 46 in my ancestry:
Ahnentafel # 92: Selah MOULTON (1790-1848); Rutland Co., VT>Licking Co., OH
Ahnentafel # 184: John MOULTON (1755-c1808); Hartford Co., CT>Rutland Co., VT
Ahnentafel # 368: Samuel MOULTON (c1730- )
Related blog posts: