Thursday, February 09, 2012

The Newest Twig

Today I joined the grandparents club when the newest twig on my family tree came into the world:  Piper Rayne came in at 12:02 p.m. weighing 7lbs. 13oz. and was 21 1/4" long.  Mom and baby are doing fine.





She looks a lot like how her momma looked when she was born.  

I can't wait to see her and hold her for myself.  A work conference has me in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days.

Now I have to get used to being called "Grandpa."  I think I can handle that.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations, Grandpa!

Susan Clark said...

Congratulations to you and the new parents! I crossed this threshold two months ago. Quite a trip seeing that little one in the arms of your own child. Enjoy.

Michelle Goodrum said...

Congratulations!

Mary Warren said...

Congrats Grandpa :)

Grandma Honey said...

Congratulations Travis! She's beautiful. What a darling name too.

Nancy said...

Congratulations! Piper is adorable. And I love her name.