Thursday, December 09, 2010

The Season's Greetings



Mrs. Clarence Stuber
Spencerville, Ohio
R.R # 5

Portland, Ind.
Feb. 19, 1918

Dear Sister -

This card will be a little late for Xmas but it is the best one I have.  Galen and I are alone his folks went to Silos Morehouses funeral.  It is today at 10 o'clock at Bellefontaine.  I received those patterns yesterday.  We both have bad colds. Hope you folks are well. I was up home yesterday they are well.

Mary

---
This card was sent to my paternal greataunt, Vera (HALEY) STUBER, by her sister, Mary (HALEY) MILLER.  Postmarked February 19, 1918 Portland, Ind.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

hope they were well for Christmas. when she says the best she has i guess she meant to write on at the time in feb?

Travis LeMaster said...

Perhaps. Maybe the time got away from them as it seems to do for me today around Christmas.