Thursday, December 09, 2010

Advent Calendar : Grab Bag

Author’s choice. Please post from a topic that helps you remember Christmases past!


One memory that I have of Christmases past was Christmas caroling with the adults of the First Christian Church in Alexandria, Indiana when I was a youngster.  


I can remember loading up on a bus and driving around, probably to local nursing homes and shut-ins, and singing the traditional Christmas carols.


But what stands out in my mind has nothing to do with Christmas, but instead has to do with one of the adults in the group (who I won't yet name) who lead everyone on the bus with rousing choruses of non-Christmas songs as we drove from place to place.


There is one song in particular that I can still hear him sing today : "My Gal's A Corker".  The lyrics were over my head at the time, but I knew it must have been risque.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

the shut-ins and old folks might have appreciated hearing that rousing song too. i can just imagine...