APPLICATION FOR MARRIAGE LICENSE - MALE
1. Full christian and surname of the man is Archibald E. Chew
2. Color white
3. Where born Salamonia, Ind.
4. When born 1883 - May 6
5. Present residence Boyne City, Mich.
6. Present occupation Lumberman
8. Is the male contracting party of nearer blood kin to the female contracting party than second cousin? No
9. Full christian and surname of father C.A.W. Chew
10. His color white
11. His birthplace Marshall Co. Ind.
12. His occupation Farming
13. His residence New Corydon, Ind.
14. Full christian and maiden name of mother Rebecca F. Shoemaker
15. Her color white
16. Her occupation housework
17. Her birthplace
Salamonia, Ind. Ohio
18. Her residence New Corydon, Ind.
19. Has the male contracting party been an inmate of any county asylum or home for indigent persons within the last five years? No
21. Is this his first marriage? Yes
26. Is the male contracting party afflicted with epilepsy, tuberculosis, venereal or any other contagious or transmissible disease? No
27. Is he an imbecile, feeble minded, idiotic or insane, or is he under guardianship as a person of unsound mind? No
This application was signed by Archibald E. CHEW on October 27, 1909. He was my paternal 1st cousin 3 times removed. He married Clara I. MARTIN on October 27, 1909 in Jay County, Indiana.
Ancestry.com has record of the marriage license in their database as well.
This application for a marriage license was part of the collection found at the Jay County Historical Society. The society has made copies of many of the marriage application books, making research easier on days when the courthouse is closed.