Thursday, March 13, 2014

Casting A Wider Net

Spent most of the weekend genealogy work by adding to my family tree at Ancestry.com .  I’d kept a very small tree with only a few generations previously.  My hope was to slowly work backwards, making sure that it was as documented as possible.

My tree is available at Ancestry at http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/25951333/family

I decided that since I’m doing the DNA research and directing distant cousins to my family tree, I figured I’d better update it to include as many generations as possible.  So I added branches in the direct lines up to at least the immigrant ancestor.  I’ll go back later and add the children, etc. and flesh it out a bit.

Noticed that several invites to view the family tree for my immediate family have gone unaccepted.  So sad, they’re not as interested in genealogy as I am.

No comments: