Thursday, August 13, 2015

Shaky Leaves : Anna L. (Wright) Vinson (1864-1914)

Anna L. (Wright) Vinson (1864-1914) was my maternal 2nd-great grandaunt, the daughter of Joseph and Rebecca (Heaton) Wright.  She was married to Albert Morris "Ab" Vinson (1858-1921).  Ancestry.com is currently showing 4 hints for her in my LeMaster and Allied Families Member Tree.


One of the hints is a link to Anna's memorial page at the FindAGrave website, which I created and maintain.  Anna is buried in the IOOF Cemetery in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana.

In the 1910 census, Anna was living in Alexandria, Madison County, Indiana with her husband Albert, who was a deputy sheriff.  Also in the household was Anna's brother, Jesse, and a boarder, Addie Hughs, who was laid off from the paper mill.


In the 1880 census, Anna was living in the Joseph Wright household in Monroe Township, Madison County, Indiana as a 16 year old student.


While neither of these 'hints' were new facts to my database, I did link them to Anna's record in the Ancestry Member Tree and downloaded copies of the images so I can add to my RootsMagic database.

In the database, Indiana Deaths, 1882-1920, which contains data from the WPA index, the following information was found:

Name:Anna L. Vinson
Date:6 Jun 1914
Location:Alexandria
Age:50 Yr
Gender:Female
Race:White
Source Location:City/County Health Office, Anderson or City Health Office, Elwood/Alexandria
Source notes:The source of this record is the book 2CH-8 on page 37 within the series produced by the Indiana Works Progress Administration.

This matches the death date I have for Anna, and provides the book and page number so I can obtain a copy of her death certificate.  Will add this to my list of "to-do" items for a future research trip.

If you are related or have any additional information or corrections, I'd love to hear from you.

No comments: