Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DNA : Crockett connection

Made a connection through Ruby's DNA for a match (Elizabeth) who had Crockett listed in the list of surnames.  I reached out to her and heard back quickly that she is a descendant of the Joseph Crockett, who was the brother of David Crockett - the ancestor of Ruby and I.

In her email, she stated she was in contact with another Crockett researcher who I was familiar with and mentioned that DNA had tied our Alexander Crockett into the line of David Crockett the elder, the grandparents of Davy Crockett of Alamo fame.

There is a Crockett DNA project at FamilyTreeDNA, if you are male Crockett descendant, I would encourage you to join and do the Y-DNA test.

Here is how Ruby compares with Elizabeth, the largest match is on Chromosome 11.


I don't have all of Elizabeth's line yet, so the exact relationship is not known, but the prediction would be 2nd-4th cousin to Ruby.

I'm looking forward to continuing the correspondence and see what the Crockett DNA group has found out about the ancestry.

No comments: