Sunday, January 03, 2016

LeMaster Cousins Gather

Yesterday, my mom & dad went to Portland and met with some of dad's cousins who were getting together to start off the New Year.  Unfortunately, I couldn't make it, but I was glad that they were able to go and talk about family history.

According to dad, it was a good visit, a lot of catching up over the years and sharing of some family stories and history.  A copy of some of the research that had been compiled (some from this blog) was given to them and now I have contact information to follow up and hopefully share some more research.

Here are a couple pictures that were taken.


L-R: Leland LeMaster, Weldon LeMaster, Doug LeMaster, Kay Addington, Gary LeMaster

The above is a picture of my dad with his first cousins' once removed, the children of John Leland and Helen Eileen (Pease) LeMaster.  Missing from the group was Terry, who was ill, and Larry, who passed in 1974.  Dad is also related to these brothers & sisters through their mother, Helen, who is a Wehrly descendant.  On that line they are third cousins twice removed to my dad.

Ann (LeMaster) Monger
Also at the gathering was Ann, who is my dad's first cousin, the daughter of John Leland & Dortha LeEtta (DeLauter) LeMaster.  She is the aunt of the group assembled above.

Hopefully the next time I am able to get over to the Portland area we can arrange to meet and maybe share some pictures, etc.  Once the weather warms in the spring I have plans to make some stops over there to the historical society and the courthouse.

No comments: