Wednesday, February 08, 2017

At My First RootsTech

My wonderful wife bought me tickets to Rootstech2017 for my birthday last fall, and today I boarded the flights to make it to Salt Lake City.  I'm looking forward to meeting new people, picking up some research tips and visiting the Family History Library here this week.


I had a pretty uneventful flight, though the layover in Chicago and then the flight out to Salt Lake left me drained.  I arrived at my hotel, checked in and walked over to the Salt Palace in time to register and attend a Wednesday evening session on tracing your Civil War ancestors.


There are a lot of people here - I've seen figures that state 30,000 people will be here - and they are from all over the place.  I've seen folks from Wiesbaden, Germany to Ohio to Colorado and of course Utah.  

I'm chilling at my hotel right now, eating a bite and then perhaps heading down to the pool.  I might be more of a social butterfly tomorrow if I meet up with some new friends.

This event has been one of my goals to attend - and I'm excited to learn and see what all the fun is about!

No comments: