Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Checking In

While my posts to this blog lately have been sparse, it doesn't mean that I haven't been working on family history.  

One of my main projects has been working with my DNA matches from 23andMe and other sites, using the third-party tool Genome Mate Pro to track and organize the research and contacts I've made with my matches.  This might be the subject of a future post.

I was pleased to see RootsMagic provide the update on their software with the Ancestry matches and TreeSync.  I was chosen to be a beta tester - that was a unique experience as well.

I was able to make some memories this past June when my granddaughter came up for a week.  Keeping up with a 5-year old was more work than I thought it would be - but what a joy it was to have her here.

Work has kept me mentally drained to the point where I don't feel the energy to post at night.  Mornings used to be my time to write but lately I've been uninspired.

I've been thinking a lot about my unfinished genealogy projects - applying to lineage societies,  my DNA research, doing a "do-over" on some of my lines - and there are times when it feels overwhelming.

What is it about blogging that makes me feel guilty that I haven't been able to keep up with a regular pace?

No comments: