Sunday, October 29, 2006

Today in my database : Cornelius Sutton (b. October 29, 1750)

Today's featured relative in my database is my paternal 5th-great grandfather, Cornelius Sutton.

Cornelius was born October 29, 1750 in New Jersey, probably Middlesex Co., the son of ______ and Jane (Clawson) Sutton. He married Elizabeth Applegate, daughter of Benjamin and Rebecca (Wall) Applegate. Cornelius died September 30, 1850 in West Union, VA [now WVA].

Known children of Cornelius and Elizabeth (Applegate) Sutton:
i. Hannah m. Joseph Davis
ii. Jane m. Nathan Davis
iii. Sarah m. Jesse Maxson
iv. Cornelius m. Judith Babcock
v. John m. Rachel Davis
vi. Amos m. Sarah Lippencott

I descend from Cornelius and Elizabeth's daughter, Sarah, as follows :
Cornelius Sutton and Elizabeth Applegate
Sarah Sutton and Jesse Maxson
Prudence Maxson and William P. Smith
Olive Jane Smith and William P. Wehrly
Barbara Isabelle Wehrly and Luman Cooper LeMasters (my great-grandparents)

No comments: