My paternal 3rd-great grandparents, Luman Walker and Nancy (YOUNG) LEMASTERS, are buried in the Salamonia Cemetery, Jay County, Indiana.
Luman was born March 11, 1808 in Mason County, Virginia (now West Virginia), the son of Jacob and Hannah (________) LEMASTERS.
Nancy was born August 26, 1904 in Pickaway County, Ohio, the daughter of Philip and Nancy Ann (McLANE) YOUNG.
Luman and Nancy were married on January 19, 1832 in Shelby County, Ohio. They lived in Shelby County, Ohio until around 1854 when they purchased land in Madison Township, Jay County, Indiana and settled there. Luman was a farmer and a Methodist Episcopal minister.
Luman died on April 15, 1888 in Jay County, Indiana and Nancy followed him on August 26, 1904 in Salamonia, Jay County, Indiana.
Luman and Nancy were the parents of the following children, all but John were born in Shelby County, Ohio:
- Hannah Lemasters (1832-1838)
- Nancy Ann Lemasters (1834-1838)
- Philip Lemasters (1836-1915) married Elizabeth C. HOOVER; 1 child
- Rachel Lemasters (1838-1913) married William E. CUNNINGHAM; 6 children
- Catherine E. Lemasters (1840-1911) married John P. WEHRLY; 8 children
- Luman Walker Lemasters (1842-1931) married Mary K. CHEW; 11 children
- Jacob Lemasters (1845-1922) married Sarah A. HALFHILL; 10 children
- Phebe Jane Lemasters (1847-aft1873) married William R. WILSON
- Mary Lemasters (1849-1929) married John PETRY; 2 children
- Martha Julesa Lemasters (1852-1936) married William W. LOOFBOURROW; 5 children
- John Stevens Lemasters (1855-aft1920) married Sarah I. WILSON; 7 children